Mother's Day!

Yesterday was a whirlwind. So much planned and then Nathan had to work, we went from 2 cars to 1 car to NO cars within a few hours. Then we fixed one, fixed the other, and found out what happened and what to do. We were out and about all day and night. I think we finally got to bed around 11:30pm.

Then it was Sunday. Mother's Day!

Lucas made a cute hand print card and wrote a poem for me.  Bridget made a hand print plaque and signed her name and covered the whole thing in purple sequins. Scarlett gave me the best hugs a mom could ever ask for. Juliet saved her stinkies for Nathan. Mason slept 13 hours for a whole week!

Nathan made:
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes with the kids, they were (not that great) but the kids helped and everyone was so proud of themselves, so we just added EXTRA syrup and pretended. 

Dinner was delicious! The kids and Nathan made Pizzas! 
Carbonara (my fav), Hawaiian, and Sausage w/Spinach and Mushroom 

I was also apart of an awesome Mother's Day Swap. We did a Mother's Day one (last year), Halloween one, a Christmas one, and a Mother's Day one again this year!

This is what I made for my fellow mama's:






They are a bouquet of paper roses. It was so fun to stretch that crafty side of my brain.
My fingers were almost covered in second degree burns, but it was totally worth it!:)

I got a coffee cup cozy, a flowered brooch (which I wore today), a bracelet, a scrabble tiled picture with my kiddos names on it!, fabric bowl covers, an adorable fridge magnet, and one more gift that should be here tomorrow!

I loved everything I received and I spoke in church today! On Mother's Day! (again).
I think my talk went well, I cried, a lot of people cried and then Nathan spoke and because he had a hard time with his composure, more people cried. 
We also shared a lot about Stinkin' Mason. (hence the tears) Haha. 

Our talks were about taking time to live in the moment, simplifying our lives, remembering to be inspirations and examples to the youth and our peers and how to integrate faith into our parenting. (thanks Mason)



I am grateful for Joyce and Cindy for being constant examples to me, I feel lucky to be a mother and have great ones too!

No comments:

Post a Comment