Wet and Wild

Wet: (Friday)

My buddy Hilary posted on FB that she was going to the park, and that everyone was invited. Since there was no school on Friday, we decided to trek on over to her side of town and join her!  One problem...I was 45 minutes early. I am always early to places. In my brain I always think, if I am on time...I am late. Am I the only person like that?

Anyway, we unloaded the van and the kids got right to it!
 

 Scarlett and Lucy, they are 6 weeks apart. :)

Scarlett was mad that I tricked her into pushing the button to get wet. HAHA.

 The kids enjoying their lunch.
 Mason, catching some rays. :)

Lucas was in heaven. He loves splash pads.
Jules was a riot. Walking, climbing, and laughing at everything.
She even discovered her shadow.
She would laugh and laugh, and then hide from it.
So, flippin cute.

Then we stopped and moved up wind.
I would call for Juliet and she was right there, ready to eat.

It was great fun, great friends, great weather.
Then, we got great news as we were leaving.

Our friend Amy's water broke!

YAY!!!  I am so glad to have friends all over the state.
It is so fun to have these impromptu play dates!


Wild: (Saturday)

We have a linen closet upstairs.
I try my hardest to keep it clean and tidy, but with 5 kids and life in general, things get shoved in there and after a week of looking for lost things, I have to open it and reorganize and resort.

It doesn't help that destruct o Juliet likes to climb and pull out everything she can get her hands on.
You would think with being fourth in line, she would have plenty of people to play with and an abundance of toys to enjoy, but no.  She loves to discover and "play" with real things.
Towels and pots are her current favorites.

I also have an intense laundry system, you would have to - with 7 people dirtying things daily.
Unfortunately, no one shares my views on this system and dirty clothes land in the hallway. UGH!

So, it was time to do something about it.

I believe Jen calls these "wild hairs."

We woke up, and demo'd the linen closet.
Only the bottom half.
Juliet!
Get down!
Okay, now for paint and bins. These bins, not the best color in the world, but they matched the tall basket I have had since college, and they were on clearance, so we made it work!  You can't beat $2.50 a bin!
Here it is now!
Now my hallway can stay clean. In all fairness, going 6 weeks without a dryer made the situation worse.
Yay, for not having to go to the laundromat anymore!!! (knock on wood)
Juliet! Get out!

Well, off to find a new solution for my almost 14 month old.
Juliet! Get out!
*sigh* oh well! :)

We plan on repainting the interior this summer, so for now the linen closet will stay white.
Oh the endless projects of a homeowner...and the messes that come with babies. :)

2 comments:

  1. We went to the splash pad for the first time of the season last week and it was great. Summer is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what our girls could do if they were ever together. Layla is so curious and often called Captain Destruction. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete