7 years of N+V



in the chapel at the alkire when we first met -- you knew 2/04
in 2 different states during our first fight -- i knew 7/04
++
in the primary room at summit grove -- we knew 8/04
that we'd find a modest box and make it our home
that there were babies that were to be ours
that there were years to spend
and that we'd be together -- for all of it.
++
you bought a ring
you flew out and asked me in the rain, while taking our engagements
++
seven years since roses and sunrise, sunset
seven years since morningside manor
seven years since our dear friends gathered
and sweet promises made
++
5 beautiful combinations of each of us
5 crazy personalities that somehow are "just like" each of us
5 interesting nesting periods, involving lots of trash bags
15+ room renovations, all with a smile
3 vehicles to get us all where we need to be
3 jobs and the ups and downs that were/are a part of our lives
++
no sign of the "7 year itch"
each of us grateful for the other, everyday
constant rediscovery of each other, and loving the mate more and more


happy anniversary, love
:)

3 comments:

  1. You can totally tell you lost some weight! awesome job sexy val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for teeth!

    I mean this in a good way, so I hope you take it as a compliment... I finally figured out that you remind me of Cher, pre-plastic surgery. I loved her way back in the Nick at Nite days of Sonny and Cher...

    Oh yeah, and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 pounds what an inspiration! I wish I couldbe that dedicated. Happy Anniversaty.

    ReplyDelete