Bertha Lynn

Apria, I hate you. I don't hate a lot of things, but I hate you.

When we first came home on oxygen, it was just a mere friendship. You came within the hour of us calling, you were nice and had an hours worth of information. You gave us Siegfried (your traveling brother) and Bertha Lynn (the big huge tank) with her 50 feet of bright green cord, everything seemed fine.

Then when we opened the nasal cannula we found out it was broken. No big deal, we called to get a new one. We left a message. We did this for 4 days. I finally called corporate and they mailed us 2. BUT they were child sized, not preemie sized. The nostril piece fit the outside of Baby Mason's nose. Useless.  I called the branch manager 6x, left messages, the whole rigamaroll just to get a cannula that I could not even use on my sweet baby.

I finally get a call back, but they want to talk to Mason, not me the caregiver, the mother...they only wanted to talk to the patient...the 2 month old patient. So stupid.

We go to the pediatricians office to get off the blasted oxygen and horray! we passed! 
Get Bertha Lynn outta here! 
We call, we call, we call...no help. We hear on the wait line "At Apria, we strive for 5!" What is 5? 5x for calls? 5x the frustrations? Who flippin knows.
We housed Bertha Lynn and Siegfried for a full 9 days with out them even being used. Can't wait to see how they bill me for that!

It took Nathan and I BOTH calling to get them to come out here and take them away. 
Bridget will miss her ballet partner...
And, get this - When they came, they thought they were swapping out the tank!!!! Not taking it for good!
Supervisors, Pediatricians, DMs were called. UGH, why does this have to be so hard?

It has been such a mess - such a hassle.

Good Bye Bertha Lynn and Siegfried! Thank you for keeping my son "ALIVE," 
but we hope to NEVER see you again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I had the same trouble with Apria, they tried overcharging, we had lots of calls for that too! YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as billing for the extra 9 days, with the phototherapy blanket they told us they billed for a full month whether is was used for a day or the full month... We didn't have any problems with them though. Sorry you did. Hopefully you never have to deal with them again.

    ReplyDelete