Anniversary - our 7th one!

So, since it's the big 7 year mark, we decided to shake things up and go out to brunch. Even though we just had a big snowstorm, there was nothing going to stop us from going out for our anniversary!

I researched and decided on Beatrice and Woodsley

It is on Bon Apetit Magazine's Top 10 Brunches in America!

It is so cool inside. I couldn't help but take pictures!
 Those trees are REAL and they are Aspens from Colorado! They went through a drying process and were shaved and prepped just for this restaurant. We got the full history, and if you know us, we totally ate all this information up! Haha.
 The above lights were real, and lit on a pulley system. It was amazing.
We ordered the Grapefruit Crisp.
I could totally make this at home. It was warm and tart, and delicious!

We ordered :

 and a rasher of bacon.
 The exterior of this bacon was crispy and salty and the inside was smooth and melty and we were sad when it was gone. Haha. Is there anyone who doesn't like bacon? I think not.

Here are the bathrooms. Now, who takes pictures of the bathroom?
 Me! They were so cool!
 This was the sink (above) you pull the chains on the side and the water drips down the chain into the bucket.
 This restaurant was an experience, not just food. I am so glad I picked it!

After Brunch we walked the streets. We stumbled upon this little place.
Where I fell in love with this set.
 We bought a few random things for upcoming birthday parties and then headed downtown downtown.
 They are repairing the Capitol building.
 Denver is such a beautiful place (excluding Occupy Denver)
 I love anything snow covered, but this is just beautiful. I used to hang out at the Denver Post (white building) in my single days. Kinda funny.

We don't normally get each other anything for our Anniversary. 
Just a nice dinner, downtown (where our first date was) and some quality time together.
But - I really wanted to make something for Nathan. He really is such a great husband, father, and all around person, that I needed to make him something to show him how much I loved him. 
So - I decided to make a 7 layer S'mores cake.

He loves camping, so S'mores would be his favorite dessert.
It also just happened to be a funny coincidence that it was our 7 year anniversary 
and I was making a 7 layer cake!
Haha.

While I was working hard on all 7 layers...
 Nathan gave me this!
I wanted one a long time ago, but didn't want an incomplete one. :) 
This was just icing on the cake!
 (pun intended) haha
Mason is our last, and it completes the FINISHED Kid Lounge! (more on that later)
 My cake isn't as beautiful as hers, but I didn't make it in rounds, and we didn't refrigerate it, because - HELLO! We wanted to EAT it!

My Oh My

What a perfect ending to such a GREAT day!
Thanks to my in laws who watched ALL 5 kids - ALL morning! :)



4 comments:

  1. What a fun date! Good job, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! I wish I were as adventurous in the food department! Happy Annviersary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is such a cool restaurant. My favorite is the bathroom sink. Where did you get the date poster? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 7 years! The cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete