Pat Benitar

In an attempt to make good on a deal I had with Nathan to clean and organize the basement for Lucas's new room, I happened to find a box labeled "YOU DID IT!" This box made me laugh because I knew EXACTLY why I wrote that on the box.

You see, I have this obsession with paper. I fell in love with this stack of paper at Archiver's. It was the only place you could find this stack of paper. When we decided to get married in February, I snatched all the sheets the Westminster store had, and bought out the other 2 Colorado stores supply as well. I knew I was going to need more, so I called the manufacturer and they told me that it was no longer in print. So, I did what any girl who needed to make 500 wedding invitations would do...I called every Archiver's in America - TOTALLY NOT JOKING HERE and had them ship me every last piece of this collection.

I promise you this was my only Bridezilla moment of the entire Wedding.

I had one last store in Minnesota that only had 2 sheets of it, told them my story and why I had to have these sheets and they ended up mailing them to me for FREE.

So, I now had close to 400 sheets of this stack of paper, and when I had my cutters cut it,  I saved the scraps! Every last little piece of this paper I was going to keep.

Now that I have built this whole thing up you are going to look at the paper and be like--Whaa???

Trust me, it was the only thing like it at the time. 
At least that is what I tell myself to this day when I see that box labeled "YOU DID IT!"
referring to : I won the paper war! (in my head)

What does that have to do with Pat Benitar?

Why am I even mentioning that whole story?

Because I found this paper, I was determined to use it for Valentines.
For.The.Next.100.Years.
Just Kidding.

I found these
AWESOME Valentine's and knew they would be a perfect match for me and Lucas to make.

So, I made him listen to Pat Benitar's Ultimate Collection which I may or may not have purchased JUST so he could understand the reference.

I loved singing these songs with my sis growing up, and especially loved it in 13 going on 30,
that whole scene cracks me up. 
These were virtually free - because I had the paper, and the Army men were $ 0.01 at Michael's.
I found them in the penny section.

So:
CHECK to using up scraps.
CHECK to spending quality crafting time with my son.
CHECK to introducing my children to the "classics"
CHECK to recognizing that I had see that?, had a problem.
Now, I am going to put that box away and pull it out again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I LOVE that you had him listen to Pat Benitar, he is so cute :)

    Thank you so much for the link back to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! I just pinned those valentines yesterday and loved them too!

    ReplyDelete