Oh what a Beautiful Day...

My friend Stef has this pancake tradition on Saturdays or Sundays, I can't remember. But it is their thing.

Nathan's sister, Liz gave Nathan a gourmet pancake cookbook and a pancake dispenser for Christmas.
After our little pancake dinner the other night, we realized what a perfect opportunity this would be for us to BE with our children on Saturday mornings. 

Church is Sunday, and our busiest morning of the week - so that day was out.

Saturday is our BIG errand/cleaning/outing day so we thought starting out with a big pancake breakfast would be a great idea.

Guess What?
We were RIGHT!

So we made Lemon Sultana Pancakes today.
They were FABULOUS, like - I don't even need syrup, kinda pancakes!

How do you eat your pancakes?
I usually give my kids pancakes with powdered sugar because I don't like the syrup mess, and because forks aren't a requirement. Nathan needs butter and syrup. I liked mine with a squirt of lemon juice and powdered sugar and they were awesome!
***
After breakfast we decided to trade our 237,000 mile van in for a new one.
We were going to sell it, but the trade in was worth it!
We had to drive to Little Mexico (E. Colfax) to get it, but it is fully loaded, 8 leather seats, DVD player...basically, the works. The best thing about this van is that we bought it for the price we wanted, and have NO CAR PAYMENT! It took us about 6 weeks to find the right car, and about 11 pounds in Pretzles and Ice Cream, to make the right choice. (I am a stress eater - Nathan is too)
***
Juliet was sporting some pigtails!
***
After that, we enjoyed our 65 degree day with riding bikes and playing outside. 
I made Chicken Sausage Calzones for Dinner and we finished the night by learning some french -- 
for a little redhead's upcoming birthday party next week. :)

2 points to the person who can name the song reference in the blog title. :P

4 comments:

  1. LUCKY DUCKS! saving up and having no car payment shows true dedication, stamina, and will power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to try that recipe! Thanks so much for sharing. Also, I haven't visited here in awhile (is it not private anymore because the updates started showing up in my Reader again...which I like because it reminds me to check!).

    What kind of van did you get? We are looking at a Sienna right now, and I am kind of irrationally excited to be getting a 'swagger wagon'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm is it Oklahoma? "Oh what abeautiful mooorning.....oh what a beautiful day. I've got a wonderful feeling everythings going my way..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt and I stressed about our Suburban when we were looking for it because we needed someone in another STATE to find it for us. They kept finding them all over the country and finally found exactly what we were looking for in Tennessee or Kentucky or something... and they had to ship it to South Dakota where we had to pick it up. What an adventure! But, it's awesome to find just what you're looking for, isn't it? :) Glad you were able to! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete