Post 3 - Scary TImes cont.

*note* this has already happened.
            As of now -- things with the baby seem to be okay.

I get to the Perinatology appointment after a run in with the cops. This is for another post.

We have to wait 45 minutes because there was a mommy with twins and she had to get her placenta surgically seperated in Houston...awesome story.  She took priority.

I get into the exam room and the technician looked at me and I lost it. I was so worried about the baby and what could potentially be wrong. She hugged me and told me she would take care of me and tell me everything as we got to it. I felt a little better after that.

First Down Syndrome Checks:
They checked the nasal bone. DS kids are between 0-4 Witte#5 was at 6.4. Perfect and normal.
They checked the nuchtal fold. DS kids are thick and white. Witte #5 was thin and perfect and normal.
They checked the limbs. DS kids are short and often stubby like. Witte #5 was long, perfect and normal.

They checked the kidneys. DS kids usually have big issues in this dept. Witte #5 were slightly dilated, but not concerning. Not like the OB had thought.

They checked the bowels. DS kids usually have high tones. Witte #5 had Semi Illuminated. On the scale it was a 1 of 8. They are going to monitor it, but I bled like a period at the beginning of my pregnancy which is why I thought I was due end of May. They think Witte #5 swallowed the blood and it is settled in the bowels. It should come out with the first bowel movement at birth.

They checked the brain, the skull, and the hands and everything was perfect and normal.

Then the actual Doc checked the Quad results, and the ultrasound. He thinks the 1:65 was because of my hormones not because of the baby. I have several friends with PP whose results were skewed as well.

Chance for Downs STILL at 1:65 but the peri said only because of my placental hormones.

We were faced with the difficult choice of having an Amnio or not.

The peri told us he was pretty sure the baby didn't have Downs. The big markers aren't there.

So we opted to not have one.

Now - on to me.

My Placenta looks B.A.D. Not quite Placenta Acreta which is really bad but positively Previa. They are worried about the fusion point. If its the scar or the actual uterus it could be bad news.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks. They will be able to tell better.

If it were up to him, he would remove my uterus at birth. He wouldn't recommend a full hysterectomy. Which is what the OB had originally suggested. Whew!

After almost 3.5 hours there and a 4D ultrasound where we determined #5 looks like Scarlett, Nathan decided to take me to one of my favorite Italian restaurant for Lunch. Osteria Marco. Mmmmm.

Again, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. It has been a crazy pregnancy ride.