Smells

I have this friend who totally gets me.

She understands the need I have to bake when its cold out.

She gets that my kids totally associate rain, snow, weather OTHER than sunshine with the oven producing something amazing and sweet smelling.

So when we started getting an inkling of "weather" and she knew how desperatley I wanted to bake but couldn't, she brought over an un-baked peach cake.

Not because she didn't want to cook it, but because I needed the smell AND the warm treat in my house.

My kids lit up and ate it too fast for me to take a picture.

So thank you friend who is always there for me, who comes to my house in an emergency barefoot, and brings me treats for me to bake. :) 

Fast forward a few days.

My sweet husband tried to pick up the slack in the kitchen department and attempted to make bread.
He read 3t as 3T of YEAST and had an I love Lucy moment.

It was a mess. He cleaned it up.

Then he tried again.
He made Apple Upside Down Cake.

Although he followed directions, it wasn't as pretty as if I were to have made it.

It was delicious. It is one of my favorite fall apple recipes. But - it looked pitiful.

Its okay though, he tried and even though the kitchen is winning, Nathan is still not defeated.
For that I am proud and grateful. :)

He is going to attempt to make brownies this week.
From a box? No. He wants to make them my way. 
Crossing my fingers he remembers to grease the pan. HAHAHAHA.

1 comment:

  1. oh man Val. It must have killed you to not be in the kitchen. feel better!

    ReplyDelete